Monday, April 4, 2016

Installing Julia and Jupyter in Windows 7

Rohan Fernando came to INRA Toulose last two weeks and he showed us Julia and Jupyter. They look very nice. The instructions to install both are here and here. I installed them in my Mac without much trouble but in the Windows 7 machine of Jean Michel Elsen was more difficult. There were issues related to WinRPM that I did not understand.


To install in JM computer I did
  1. Clean up everything, desinstall Julia, Anaconda, etc if already installed; delete folders .Julia, .Jupyter, etc.
  2. Install Julia
  3. Install Anaconda (Python >3)
  4. Start Julia. In its command line, Pkg.add("IJUlia") [ this is not clearly documented]. This seems to install Jupyter automatically. Let Julia open.
  5. Open a command line in Windows (in "Accesories"), then write jupyter notebook. The default navigator (Firefox) should open.
It works correctly in the Windows 7 Virtual Machine in my Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment